What VoIP?


I guess I'm kinda late on this technology as well... but think I finally understand what VoIP is now :) Why the blog then, u ask? hmm, although its obvious by the nice picture on the side that the VoIP phone adapter uses your internet broadband connection to your phones, its not very obvious to me how one can use this VoIP thing without having to use a 'base' phone at the adapter site... get me? no? well, what i mean is do they have 'wireless phone adapters' yet? ones that would just sit near the modem/router and just 'wirelessly' power your (multiple) phone lines?

A little googling will tell you that the answer is 'yes'... VTech and Vonage have come up with their "IP-8100" model, which is exactly what I'm looking for... but $150 for the phone system (2 handsets + adapter) and $15/month for their basic service... worth it?

4 comments:

comcvast has a bundle offer on cable, internet, and voip phone for $99. I had vonage and just switched over to comcast for the bundle offer. Look into that.

11:53 AM  

sukesh:

first, that offer is only for new customers.

second, the offer is only for 12 months. after that, if u keep all 3 services, your monthly bill will be close to $150 ($43 for Internet, $48 atleast for TV, $45 for phone, plus taxes etc.)

we actually have this package right now, it costs us around $125 cos we have the cheaper digital voice plan (no long distance) that they dont seem to have anymore.

12:50 PM  

The offer is valid for existing customers as well. I am an existing customer and they signed me up right away.
After 12 months, if you threaten them to take the business to someone else, they will renew the deal again. I have doen it with many other providers before. I tell them I want to move because of this and this, and they usually offer a better deal.

With the current digital voice plan, its unlimited calling all over the US.

Let me know if you have problems. The person I dealt with was very good and based out of Chelmsford. I have his direct number.

9:38 AM  

time for an update premal

12:51 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home